Full-Time Kia UK – Press Officer
Kia UK – Press Officer (press fleet & vehicle information coordinator)
Press & PR / Walton Green, Surrey
Press Relations Manager
Overall Purpose of Job
A rare opportunity to join one of the UK’s best automotive press offices has arisen, working as a press officer within the automotive press relations area of the team. The majority of the role is to run Kia’s highly regarded press fleet operation, ensuring all press loans are carried out seamlessly and efficiently with appropriate and regular monitoring, internal reporting and process updating.
The press officer role will also support the effective communication of the Kia brand, its products and services to the department’s target customers – the UK media. To provide effective assistance in and administration of the implementation of department activities and to successfully operate a variety of customer-facing services and activities.
- Press fleet coordinator – Manage the day to day operation of the press fleet: seamlessly organise media loans, long term loans, fleet stock rotation whilst monitoring the financial operation of the press fleet. Immediate journalist response time is required, this is the main role focus
- Product launch, drive event and ad hoc event vehicle organisation including: transportation, ordering, corresponding information/tech specs creation
- On-going product news and information asset creation and maintenance (spec sheets, press packs, price lists, websites, photography, industry portals etc). I.e. conduct regular monitoring, auditing and updating of the Kia UK Media Website to ensure all content is relevant, logical and correct
- Automotive news creation and distribution (re-formatting global and EU releases, creation of UK releases (liaising with KMUK departments), distribution to media via distribution services, Kia owned databases and uploading to appropriate media centres). Writing skills are required.
- Effectively support all aspects of the department’s communication with target audiences and, in a timely manner, deal effectively with media inquiries and requests
- Building of quality media relationships and knowledge of the UK media landscape
- Journalist database coordinator, ensuring all journalist details are reviewed and changed when required, ensuring that Kia abides by new 2018 data protection regulations
- Support the Corporate Communications Director, Press Relations Manager and other Press Officer in all activities undertaken to deliver the department’s goals and strategies (ad hoc press tasks, database updates, associated finance tasks, data protection, general team support)
- Provide effective monitoring and outward and upward reporting of activities, to ensure smooth and beneficial team communication and cooperation
- Effectively operate and implement support systems and processes to assist in delivering the department’s goals and strategies.
- Occasional PR event attendance and support
- Must be of graduate calibre or equivalent with minimum 1 years’ experience working in an automotive press office, handling (or knowledge of handling) the press fleet operation
- Excellent organisation, attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to write some press materials and reformat outward facing documents
- Knowledge of UK automotive press landscape and some quality journalist contacts
- Experience and good level understanding of Microsoft Office programmes, CMS software and fleet booking/rotation process
- Excellent customer service attitude and skills
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, written and verbal
- Must be motivated, self-reliant and self-confident with the ability to deliver to deadlines under pressure
- Experience of working in a high pressure, fast paced environment. Multi-tasking, fast thinking and excellent priority planning abilities are a must
- Must be a team player…
- Knowledge and interest in the automotive trade and its products
- Must be flexible in working hours – occasional evening and weekend working an essential requirement
- Must be ready to travel – travel away from the office both within the UK and overseas is an essential requirement
- Must have a full UK driving licence
The company reserves the right to make amendments to this job description where business needs require.
To apply please click on the link below or email Shaun Mannathukkaren, HR Advisor, Kia Motors UK Ltd firstname.lastname@example.org
How to ApplyTo apply please click on the link below or email Shaun Mannathukkaren, HR Advisor, Kia Motors UK Ltd email@example.com https://my.hirehive.io/kia-europe/jobs/29293/press-officer-press-fleet
378 total views, 6 today