Book now for 2018 workshops
The MIPAA Business Academy has launched its 2018 programme of professional development workshops for those who are New to… a series of key areas.
Details and booking links are available for the first two workshops:
Date: 10.00-16.30. Thursday 15th February, 2018.
Venue: Volkswagen Financial Services, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
Synopsis: This workshop covers the practicalities and technicalities of relationship management with media and other ‘influencers’. It includes advice and activities regarding face-to-face, phone and social media contact, use of databases and measurement systems, impact of GDPR, and the boundaries between personal and professional relationships. Tips and techniques will be shared to manage new and existing relationships, build ‘social capital’ and address common problem situations.
Date: 10.00-16.30. Friday 9th March, 2018.
Venue: IM Group, Coleshill, Warwickshire.
Synopsis: This workshop offers hands-on guidance to improve media writing skills (including news releases and media packs) and develop knowledge and skills regarding multi-media communications. In particular, advice and activities regarding professional photography, social media video and graphic design will be provided. Tips and techniques will be shared in respect of news value, story development, creating ‘viral’ content and avoiding common errors.
Workshop C. New to… Developing creative campaigns (covering research, planning, implementation and evaluation) – details and booking link to follow
Workshop D. New to… Event management (including risk assessment and problem solving) – details and booking link to follow
Benefits of MIPAA Professional Development Workshops:
- Gain practical knowledge to enhance capabilities in essential topic areas
- Learn from PR practitioners, media and other useful contacts
- Develop your effectiveness as a motor industry PR/communications specialist
- Places may be restricted for some workshops, so early booking is recommended.
- For futher details and booking links for the all new 2018 MIPAA professional. development workshops, see: http://www.mipaa.co.uk/mipaa-events-and-activities/
- A Certificate of Attendance is available for all MIPAA Business Academy activities as evidence of CPD (continuous professional development).
- Additional workshops and professional development activities will be announced during the year.
The MIPAA Business Academy supports members’ professional and leadership development through an exclusive programme of training workshops and educational initiatives – MIPAA members have the opportunity to book the majority of these activities without additional charge to their annual membership subscription.
Charges for non-members to attend MIPAA Professional Development workshops are provided via booking links for individual workshops.
To apply to be a MIPAA member, visit: http://www.mipaa.co.uk/membership-join-us/
For further details and booking links for MIPAA’s educational, professional and social networking activities, see: http://www.mipaa.co.uk/mipaa-events-and-activities/
MIPAA New to… activities, including workshops, are designed at a Professional Development Programme (PDP) level specifically for those with up to 3 years’ experience in motor industry PR (including recent graduates or students completing an industry placement).
MIPAA events and educational activities have a 100% recommendation rating from attendees.